Friday, August 31, 2007

Shining Britely

I do my best to avoid all types of "parties" that involve selling anything.

A couple of weeks ago a dreaded party invitation postcard arrived in the mail. I was invited to a Brite Music party. Unfortunately it was being hosted by a lady in our ward who has always been nice to me. A guilty, "sure I can make it" came out.

You'd think after all those years of mom and dad living in the same ward as Janeen I'd have listened to some of her music. Maybe I've heard snatches over the years. And we may have even had a tape or two when I was way little. But let's be honest I don't listen to any kind of music.

I had to buy something so I'll soon be the proud owner of a Peek-A-Boo Time CD. We probably need some of the others but I didn't feel up to singing about values, stranger safety, doing your chores, the constitution or eating healthy.