The kids and I are headed down to Kansas City this morning. We are going for the week to hang out with the Burnhams and enjoy a few of the KC sites.
I'm interested to see how the 6 hour drive goes, but other than that we are set.
Before we leave I'll give an update of last week.
Mark was at a conference in Seattle for the first half of the week. Mark-out-of-town was my perfect opportunity to repaint our bedroom. Together we chose a lovely light blue, Morning Breeze, before Mark left. I stayed up until 4 a.m. one morning working on it--primer plus two coats. Good job Amy.
Too bad the blue looks terrible when you have an entire room of it. Too bright, too harsh, too wrong. It reminds me of the color of a school bathroom from somewhere in my life.
We can live with it for a month until we spend the cash and the time to change it.

Last week also marked the end of swimming lessons for Holden and Lili. They have become much more comfortable in the water over the past 4 weeks of lessons. That and they've picked up a nice summer tan.


On Saturday we had a primary activity. That pretty much took up half the day. Mark and Asher got to stay home while the rest of us went to the church to glue noodles on paper and do other crafts.
We spent Saturday night watching the Olympics on TV and eating Taco Bell.
Sunday was usual church stuff--Mark watches Miriam, I do whatever it is we do in primary and the kids go to class. Our sacrament speakers gave excellent talks. The speakers were a couple whose baby died two days after birth this summer. Nick, the father, said that they never knew such pain was possible. But then he talked about how they have relied on the Lord and each other.
I better get cracking so we can make it to KC sometime today.