Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daily Life

Things we've been up to lately:

  • Holden's last Micro-Soccer game was last Saturday. He totally came alive and scored 4 goals. That's 4 more than he scored the entire rest of the season. To celebrate we went out for lunch at a Vietnamese place.
  • Swimming lessons continue. Holden and Lili just started their second session of Red Cross swimming lessons. We take them at a small community pool in the city of Byron (10 minutes from here). This year Lili loves swimming lessons. The first session they were in Level 1 together. This session Holden is in level 2, but Lili was too young to move on.
  • With very helpful and practical support from Mark, I finally joined the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center last week. This is Mayo's posh gym. Mark and I look at a calendar and divide out the nights for who gets to work-out. When I go, usually late at night, it's Amy-time-out and I like that.
  • Mark turns 34 tomorrow. For two brief months when we are the same age, he can't call me "old."
  • Asher has more bumps on his head. I know it's normal for boys, but this child loves to climb. I am regularly pulling him off the dining room table and saying "no." Clearly my "no" is so effective.
  • Miriam turned 6 months old. She is still sweet. She does scream though when she rolls to her tummy and can't get on her back.

And everything else we do is even more boring than that.