Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving and more

We had the traditional turkey-fest at our house this year. Mark's parents and two siblings with their families came to Rochester for the event. We really do appreciate all of them traveling far to be at our house.

Lee and Aneta:
The kids' table:
Lili and Brooke had a great time playing together. They both especially love to color and work on their letters.
What would a family event be without some drama? Naturally we had the normal people and new dog stuff. Then our built-in microwave broke the day before Thanksgiving. Not a crisis since the oven and stove are most essential for the traditional foods. The crisis occurred the day after Thanksgiving when we bought the replacement microwave. We /I thought that there was no need to pay for installation and wait a few days for professionals to install something that simple. Lee kindly helped me (actually did most of the work) with the project. Thank you! Below is what happened to our glass top stove when I put my knee on it for a better look at the microwave install.

Today our Christmas present, a new range, arrived. It's beautiful and we had professionals carry it into the house. They leveled it, plugged it in and didn't break anything else in the process.

We now have a working microwave and stove. They both look great.
I am retiring from most house projects. Alas, I am not my dad. I lack the skills.