Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lavender Flowers and Weekends Away

We drove to Chicagoland early on Saturday morning. After a quick change in the car into appropriate clothes we arrived at the church for the wedding of Tom and Aubrey. This was our first Catholic wedding. It was in a beautiful new church with stained glass and lots of sunlight coming in.

The reception was later that evening at the Holiday Inn banquet center. We ate a tasty sit-down dinner of chicken, steak, soup, salad, beans, potatoes and of course wedding cake. $$$$$ for whoever paid for it since it included an open bar.

Although I wouldn't want to be the hostess for such a big wedding event, it's fun to be a guest. All the chairs had lavender ties on them, the place cards all matched with hand painted purple flowers and they had favors with purple kisses in them.

Becca was fabulous with the kids. She took them out to fun stuff and even kept the house clean. She even took them to the grocery store!

I loved spending the whole weekend with Mark. Sitting through the wedding and the dinner I couldn't help but notice that I was actually sitting and not out in the hall. All of life can't be fancy dinners and hotels where the towels magically get clean, but every now and then it's fabulous to have such a weekend.