Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Home Destruction Projects

I've been hating our faded greenish/tealish door for awhile. So I decided that painting it a nice black would solve the problem. For only $30 I got a pint of paint and all the supplies to go with it.

On Friday night it took about 1 1/2 hours to clean, prep and paint the door. I was feeling pretty good about my work. I thought Mark would be so happy and surprised when he got home to a new door.

Well he was surprised. On Sunday afternoon we finally managed to get the door pried off of the weather stripping so it could open. (You really do have to wait 24 hours before enamel paint dries.) The black paint has fluff from the paint roller embedded in it. I took off the bottom door sweep for painting and now small leaves can blow under the door. The grass has a dead spot where I washed off the paint brushes (don't worry I wore gloves). Thankfully the locks still work.
Hopefully for less than $500 we can get a professional to fix my fixer-upper project.